Monday, June 8, 2009

Mr. Mom

I managed to really make Mr. A mad last night. I was overtired (no excuse) and felt like I was overworked, not really the case I’m sure. I first told him (sarcastically) thanks for the help cleaning…and it all went downhill from there….ugh he called me a drama queen and then I told him I’d rather be a drama queen then lazy. I felt bad after it was said, but in all honesty he will tell you he’s lazy. Nothing wrong with that since we do always get what we need done..done, but I guess this issue is more my fault than anything. I always wonder how guys who don’t get up and do stuff all the time, but rather sit in front of a tv all day or a computer feel like they ever get things accomplished. I would get so bored doing that. Don’t get me wrong, I love relaxing in front of the TV or Computer just as much as the next guy, but I get bored easily and I want to live in a clean house!

Mr. A was the one who really wanted to get a house. I was content in our 1200 sq ft apartment. Yes, I wanted a house, but I knew that Mr. A wasn’t keen on yard work, and the upkeep of a house. But we got one, so we have responsibilities. I have no problem keeping the INSIDE clean, with the occasional help of Mr. A, but why can’t he manage to keep up with the outside. Why can’t he cut the grass when it needs to be cut, and not wait until it’s knee high and I’ve nagged for 5 days….I know I know, I ask too much. I’m so used to my dad, who, even though he worked 40+hours a week would still spending his weekends cleaning up the yard and helping out with odds and ends that need to be done. I’m used to my brother who goes out of his way to help out with things around the house (mostly outside). I know I married a man who has never had to do these things before, but am I really out of line asking that he step up and try?

I guess this is one of those, things I would change about my spouse deals, but when I got married I made a promise to myself I would TRY (it hasn’t ALWAYS worked) to not try and change him because I married him for who he was, not so I could change him to fit my IDEAL man.

I guess it’s good the grass doesn’t need to be cut today! :)

1 comment:

Needs Help said...

Hey I'm your partner for Prep-E Girl's 4th of July swap!! email me at overwhelmed.debt@gmail.com so we can exchange contact info. I'm super excited about this and looking forward to reading your blog and keeping up with your adventures :)