Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Natural Family whaaaat??

I am the last to bash anything that makes my life easier, but let me just say that I am not a fan of the BC pill..at all…period (no pun intended). It makes me cranky, makes me hungry 24/7..and makes my body do weird things..and I have a serious grudge since I truly believe it caused a major problem for me back in late 2008 (story to follow).

Let me explain, I am Catholic and I do agree with most everything the church teaches, but birth control is another story. For those of you who don’t know Seasonale is a 3 month birth control pill. I went on it years ago to stop seriously debilitating cramps (sorry TMI). I stayed on it after I got married for a few months for obvious reasons and then went off when I started turning into Mega Bitch experiencing said side effects. I got pregnant(unplanned) what almost seemed like miraculously since dates were far from adding up and 9 weeks later miscarried. I truly believe it had something to do with being off of the 3 month pill for no longer than 2 months before getting knocked up. But, we have no solid evidence so I shouldn’t speculate..I just can’t help it.

This leads me to the predicament I am in currently. Since we just popped out BA1 in December we aren’t ready for another just yet…but rumor has it after a previous pregnancy the body can’t wait to rent out its uterus again…thus making it super easy to get knocked up again. We can’t take any chances just yet. I vowed never to go back on that horrible little pink pill, and Mr. Awesome mentioned back almost ripped his face off for no good reason numerous times that he wouldn’t mind if I never even mentioned the pill again. But, lately it’s been a different story. I worry it will mess up my body and when the time comes again to try for BA2 it won’t happen. I also don’t want Mr. Awesome to divorce me because of a little pill and what it does to me. I know for sure I won’t be going on the 3 month pill, it will strictly be the 1 month.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I am all ears….

No comments: